Sunday, June 14, 2015

Episode 2: Inferno

DIY Sauna:  Everything you need to know to plan your own
Frequent Sauna Questions

Inside or outside?  Definitely outside.
Electric?  Easier and cleaner.
Cedar or Pine?  Ooof!  I like the smell of cedar but it is $13 versus $4.87 for pine.  Cost wins, however, I bought some cedar boards for the flooring and redwood for the seat.  Since when is the Doctor not eclectic?

Description  I scouted out options and located ground zero near the electrical supply and an outlet.  I want to have a functional light on top and inside.  After moving the rhubarb and the irises I somewhat leveled the ground with a flat shovel and used brick pavers placed on top of a bed of gravel (app. 1 inch deep).  The area measures 63" x 62"  I spread sandbox sand over the pavers and swept it into the cracks.  The Idaho Highway Department has an area just outside of town that they use to store excess gravel.  I collected it from there as I only needed a small area and the day I got this Tardis bug the gravel company was closed.


Materials List
54 Pavers
gravel
sand

Tools
Shovels
Buckets


No comments:

Post a Comment